"To be a member driven voice to advance, protect, and preserve the New York Cattle Industry through producer education, youth development, and legislation.”
NYBPA Purposes and Goals
- Encourage friendly exchange of ideas among members.
- Promote and protect the interest of beef producers in New York State.
- Aid members in the purchase, sale and breeding of quality cattle.
- Cooperate with Cornell Cooperative Extension, NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets and other agencies.
- Encourage youth participation in the beef industry.
- Promote beef to consumers and create a positive image of the beef industry to the general population.
- Work with lawmakers and the Empire State Council of Agricultural Organizations to create policy that benefits agriculture in general and the beef industry specifically.
- Affiliate with the National Cattlemen's Beef Association to effect policy decisions and promote the industry on a national level.
President's MessageAs I am writing this we are two weeks away from the New York Farm show and we just finished a week of balmy 50 degree weather in February. Hopefully I get to see many of you at the Farm Show. Hopefully you had a chance to check out the beef area, volunteer and chat with fellow producers. I would like to thank everyone that attended the 2024 Annual Meeting and everyone that helped make the annual meeting a huge success. Friday night’s keynote speaker, Amanda Radke, was outstanding. Saturday’s speakers and round table discussions were very informative and well-attended. We appreciate all of the positive feedback from the surveys and look forward to planning an even better annual conference next year. The NYJBPA have three new advisors Anna King, John Steirly IV, and Brendan Scoralick. The Junior Advisors were former Juniors and have strong leadership backgrounds. They planned a great junior program for the annual meeting where Amanda Radke spoke to the juniors Saturday morning. The advisors have been busy making plans for a successful 2024 junior year. Remember to sell as many Beef Raffle tickets as possible for our largest fundraiser. Winners will be drawn at the NYBPA Herd Builder Sale along with the Trowbridge Bull Sale at Canandaigua Stockyards May 4th, 2024. If you have any females you would like to consign to the Herd Builder Sale reach out to me or other sale chairmen.